Blockchain technology is one of the innovation enablers at ING and the Blockchain program encompasses all of our efforts to explore and unlock its business value. As such, the Blockchain program at ING is directly responsible for all DLT related initiatives at ING globally.
The Blockchain program is also responsible for identifying and piloting the most promising use cases. To do so, we constantly scope the environment for relevant opportunities, actively engage with and educate the organization about the technology’s potential as well as researching trends within the industry. This allows us to have a comprehensive approach in our delivery of business value.
We are looking for an eager collaborator to support the management of the program. The main tasks that you will be performing are:
- Produce software solutions based on Distributed Ledger technology;
- Research actively latest development in the cryptography and DLT space;
- Implementing improvements to existing DL technologies;
- Assess and deep dive on various ledger technologies.
Relevant stakeholders: you will be working with the DLT team, and reporting to the Chapter lead.
What you bring to the team
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience as IT Engineer (Dev or Ops)
- Experience with cryptography and or blockchain tech is preferred
- Curious by nature, willing to experiment, passionate about algorithms
- Enjoys high level of uncertainty, high level of autonomy and frequently evolving insights
- Passionate about algorithms
- Knowledge of Kotlin / Solidity / Go is a plus
Your key competencies:
- Ability to think from a business perspective when considering alternatives
- Excellent team player
- Ability to present and communicate on senior level and represent ING on external stages